Taking care of your skin can be one of the most challenging tasks in your day. The skin is one of the most overlooked factors when it comes to maintaining health and wellness. Most people still need to be reminded to apply sunscreen everyday (even when it’s cloudy outside) and to avoid the sun during the warmer seasons. Keeping your skin hydrated is just as important as protecting it.
Drinking water (and lots of it) will help to keep your skin hydrated and looking healthy. Hydrated skin appears smoother, clearer and more vibrant. We’ve all heard of the “8 glasses of water a day” rule, but the amount of drinking water you need actually depends on your weight, activity level and the temperature outdoors. If you’re having trouble sticking to your “required” amount of ounces a day, here are some ways you can drink more water and keep your skin looking great.
1. Carrying a water bottle around with you is not only a great idea to help you fill your water quota, but it can also be handy thirst quencher no matter where you are.
2. Going to the office water cooler to chat? Why not fill up a glass while you’re in conversation.
3. Bring some mouth watering fruit to the office. Fruits such as oranges, watermelon, grapes and apples are all great for your skin and are made up of mostly water.
4. Having a water treatment system can improve your water’s taste and clarity. There are many affordable water systems available that can purify tap water and make it more enjoyable to drink.
5. Make your water tangy by adding a slice of lemon or lime. All you need is a splash of either to give your water some flavour without adding calories or excess sugar.
Water Depot is committed to providing clear, clean water to Ontario families and households. Water Depot has over 23 locations in Ontario. They carry water treatment systems, water purification systems, water softeners and more. See Water Depot online at: http://www.waterdepot.ca/ or LIKE Water Depot on Facebook (http://www.facebook.com/waterdepot) and get a FREE water test!