Franchise Inquiries: (705) 735-6642

Contact A Store Shop Online View Cart


How Does Ultraviolet Treatment Work on My Drinking Water?

The ultraviolet rays, similar to the sun’s UV but stronger, alter the nucleic acid (DNA) of viruses, bacteria, molds or parasites, so that they cannot reproduce and are considered inactivated. UV treatment does not alter the water chemically as nothing is added except energy. It should be noted that inactivated microorganisms are not removed from the water. UV treatment does not remove dirt and particles, metals such as lead or iron, or hard minerals such as calcium. Other devices are required to remove particles, metals and minerals and are recommended to be installed prior to a UV bulb.